1. Introduction: taxonomy of the internet contents and trends, the new challenges of user-generated contents, content delivery tasks (content management and request routing), traditional solutions to content delivery (web-based content delivery methods).
2. Overview of CDN architectures: overlay CDNs, Peer-to-Peer (P2P) CDNs, hybrid architecture, Content Centric Networks (CCNs).
3. Overlay CDNs: content management, request routing, load balancing, challenges and open questions.
4. P2P CDNs: structured and unstructured P2P architectures, search methods, replication and caching, delivery methods, applications, challenges (mobility, ISP traffic imbalance).
5. CCN: in-network caching techniques, practical challenges (feasibility with respect to the conventional Internet architecture).
6. Special topics in video delivery networks: video streaming protocols, video delivery architectures, current issues and open questions.
7. Performance modelling and analysis: performance metrics (response time, bandwidth usage, and energy consumption), mathematical modelling and analysis, guidelines for efficient design (capacity planning, dynamic CDNs and cooperative content management).
8. Future trends: CDN as a service (cloud CDNs).