For a passing grade the student must:
- Understand the key concepts and terminology used in the area of entrepreneurship and business.
- Have aquired knowledge about the different steps of a start-up process with special emphasis on a life science company.
- Have developed competence to evaluate a research result or and idea from a business perspective, and be able to relate the idea to a need in the market in order to understand its market potential.
- Have aquired knowledge about the innovation system around Lund University and how this in different ways can contribute to the development of a business idea, such as how to get financing, how to apply for a patent and how to get business advice.
- Have aquired an overview knowledge about marketing strategies, patenting, financing and entrepreneurship.